TOAST&CO (PTY) LTD – SOUTH AFRICA
Website Privacy Terms & POPI Conditions
Our Website: https://toastandco.co.za/
Last updated: 01 June 2021
1. Recognizing you when you sign-up to use our services. This allows us to provide each user or data subject with customized features and services, if applicable.
2. Conducting research and diagnostics to improve the Company’s website content, products, and services.
3. Preventing fraudulent activity.
4. Improving security.
5. Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests.
6. Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser setting. The “Help” feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies; how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie; how to disable cookies; and when cookies will expire. If you disable all cookies on your browser, the Company, nor any of its third parties, will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site, and some features and services may not work.
Website Privacy & POPI:
Your privacy is important to the Company. This policy explains the Company’s privacy practices and the choices you have about the way your personal information will be dealt with. All practices are in line with the Company’s SOP and the provisions of POPI.
1. Personal information is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted.
2. Personal information is only used for the purpose for which it was collected and/or submitted or such secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose.
3. In addition to where you have consented to the disclosure of your personal information, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where the Company has reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identity or act against anyone damaging or interfering with our rights or property, users or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
4. The Company may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf and in such circumstances may disclose your personal information to such parties in order to provide such goods and services.
Information security on our website:
1. Any information that you upload on our website will be stored on a secure server and be used for limited purposes such as future communications (which you are always entitled to un-subscribe to).
2. The Company will not disclose, sell, rent, or disseminate your personal information to third parties without your consent unless the Company is compelled to do so by law. The Company may do so if you have granted consent thereto.
3. While all reasonable efforts are taken to ensure that your personal information is protected as it travels over the internet, the Company cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information you exchange with us due to reasons beyond our control.
Information we collect:
1.1 Account: Name, email address and contact details
1. Your account information is required to do any transaction with us, including but not limited to quotations and invoicing, without which we cannot process the transaction, as well as within the scope of online marketing and exhibitions;
2. we use your account information for billing, shipping, accounting, tax, shop administration and communication purposes;
3. we may use this information to enforce our legal rights;
4. it is stored at our hosting provider (who is POPI compliant or is governed by a substantially similar privacy legislation to South Africa).
5. it may be shared with professional service providers like accountants and legal practitioners
6. we retain this information as long as you use our products or services and for at least one year after your last order as required by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2005
7. Order details are kept for 5 years after tax submission as required by the Tax Administration Act 28 of 2011
1.2 Business listing: Name, email address and contact details
1. it is stored at our hosting provider (who is POPI compliant or is governed by a substantially similar privacy legislation to South Africa).
2. it is shared with the public
3. We retain this information as long as you use our products or services and for at least one year after your last order as required by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2005.
1.3 Financial information
1. We do not have access to your financial information.
1.4 Website usage information
1. We may record how and when you use our website, products and services; your IP address; and cookie data
2. Throughout our website it is collected automatically to limit the number of submissions you can make to our site, to protect our site from security threats, and to help us to improve user experience
3. It may be stored in Cookies on your computer (you may disable cookies in your browser but aspects of our website, products or services may stop working)
4. It is stored at our hosting provider (who is POPI compliant or is governed by a substantially similar privacy legislation to South Africa).
5. we retain this information indefinitely
1.4 Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics which is a web analysis service provided by Google.
Google automatically collects Cookie and website Usage Data and uses it to track and examine the use of www.popi-compliance.co.za, to prepare reports and share them with other Google services.
Google does not associate your IP address with the usage information it collects.
Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. Google is based in the US and uses EU Standard Contractual Clauses to transfer online advertising and measurement personal data out of the European Economic Area, the UK, and Switzerland.
You may opt out of Google analytics by following these directions:
Software products: Information about your business
1. if you choose to use our software products or consulting services, we may process your business’ contact, registration, demographic details, details of your processes, procedures, suppliers, staff and compliance in our software products and services in order to provide you with our services, and to provide you with support;
2. not supplying the information will limit the services we can provide
3. We do not share this information without prior written agreement
4. We retain this information until you remove your software / service account
1.5 Information security
We employ a variety of security measures to safeguard your personal information including authentication and encryption (salting, hashing and SSL).
Right to access and rectify your information:
1. You may remove your contact details from our newsletter mailing list or any other further marketing by unsubscribing or informing the company via email.
2. You may access and update your business information by logging in to the product or service you purchased from us.
Right to object
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act s11(3)
2. You may object by sending an email to our offices with the subject line: “Complaint: POPI”
Right to complain
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator:
JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001 P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017 Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
Our website, products and services are intended for adult residents of South Africa, for the purposes of business, negotiation and/or rendering a service(s).
You acknowledge that you have the legal capacity to use our website, products and services.